Welcome to the Online Game Programming Course! In this course, you will be learning building the classic Battle City game from scratch using GameMaker Studio 2. By the end of the course, you will have a game like this (programmed by one of our students):
Course Overview: Each two-hour class includes a one hour interactive teaching session followed by a self coding session supported by the teacher and the two TAs.
Miss a class? Don’t worry, each lesson will have an in-depth tutorial published on the lesson page so you can catch up easily. We also publish the recorded video for selected lessons so you can watch them later. In addition, you can post questions in the lesson page and our TAs and teacher will answer them in a timely fashion.
Each student will get a one-year GameMaker licence which enables building, debugging, and exporting games on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
Demo Course Video:
Watch the following video for a demo session of this class. We look forward to seeing you in the class!
- Lesson 1: Introduction to GameMaker
- Lesson 2: Tank Creation and Basic Tank Movement
- Lesson 3: Room Arrangement and Advanced Tank Movement
- Lesson 4: Create the walls
- Lesson 5: Create bullet
- Lesson 6: Creating Enemy Tanks
- Lesson 7: Make Enemies Move
- Lesson 8: Random Movement for Enemy Tanks
- Lesson 9: Enemy Bullet
- Lesson 10: Sound Effect
- Lesson 11: Code Refactoring
- Lesson 12: Score Tracking
- Lesson 13: Game Finishing
- Lesson 14: Game Flow Management
- Lesson 15: Export Game